Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Kitchen Creations: Chicken & Potato Casserole

Ever had one of those days where you just don't care? 
Well, today I'm sharing my I dont care enough to care meal! It's also my I ran out of grocery money meal.  So this dinner isn't just easy and one-pan, it's frugal! 
The meal isn't the cutest thing on the planet, and I am usually in a mood when I make it, so I don't have any photos of it... 


You need: 
Butter
Cut up Precooked Chicken (Yes, use those leftovers! But if the chicken isn't precooked, it will still work, just make sure it is in little bits.)
Potatoes
Broccoli
Cheddar
Salt
Pepper
Parsley
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder

1. Cut the potatoes into chunks.
2. Throw the potatoes chicken and broccoli into a skillet, pan or crockpot.
3. Season and add butter to taste.

I do not use measurements with this recipe, but they aren't really necessary...Everything is pretty much to your need and preference, which is why this is my "I don't care meal".  I'm literally throwing stuff into a pot. 

4. Bake at 400 for about an hour.
Or cook in the crockpot on low for 4 hours.
Or add a little water and cook in the skillet on medium for 45 minutes, stirring occassionally.
(It's done when the potatoes can easily be stabbed with a fork, and the chicken is cooked through.)

5. Add the cheese 10 minutes before the meal is done, or after the meal is done.

And that's it. Easy, not-so-fast, but definitely easy. It's not the most delicious homemade meal, but no one will go to bed hungry! It's a loaded baked potato in casserole form, I don't think anyone will complain. (Assuming everyone is a baked potato fan.)


No comments:

Post a Comment