Monday, December 5, 2016

Easy ToiletTrees


Horrible name, right? Well my husband thought of it and it was pretty Punny. So I stuck with it. 
Anyway, the week before Thanksgiving the boys and I did a "sit at the table" class, it was our first one in over a month. 
But I had a really cool idea for a craft that I wanted to try out. 
I love trees. Especially when they're bare. I think they're beautiful! Autumn is definitely the time of year to do some tree crafts.  (I know it's Christmas time but stick with me here- this was an in between craft!) 
We all loved doing this one because there were no directions required. 
I handed the boys construction paper. I used yellow and orange. But you can use red or green (since its close to Christmas)! In my mind, red makes the most sense; it would easily fit in with Autumn and Christmas decor. I handed the boys fall colored crayons: deep purple, red, brown, yellow, orange.  They colored the blank papers until their little hearts grew tired. 
I outlined a CHRISTMAS tree. Cut it out. And and glued it unto cardboard rolls.
Simple. Easy. And oh-so-cute. (And you can totally use markers or paint instead of crayons). The craft looks absolutely adorable beside their Autumn Wine Glasses. One tree fell down, and one of my monsters destroyed it before I got a picture of both of them.  But the one I still have is adorable enough to feature. 

During this activity I got the kids to count crayons, review colors, and talk about weather.  So you could even consider it educational art!

No comments:

Post a Comment