Saturday, December 17, 2016

Our Trip to the Nursing Home

Doing a Saturday blog, just to share yesterday's experience. 

The boy's got to hand deliver their cards yesterday to every resident of the nursing home.  Skyland had an embarrassing moment, I won't lie.  And after that, he was kind of rude, asked why everyone's hands looked so "old".  (Luckily for me he's 3, and old and cold are interchangeable.  People thought he was asking why it was so cold.)  I'd be a big liar if I didn't admit that there were multiple times I wanted to bolt and abort the entire mission, because it wasn't going as planned.  

But everything doesn't go as planned.  And even though I was embarrassed, stressed, and felt completely idiotic: their faces, their reactions were absolutely priceless. 

I had one lady shake my hand and tell me thank you. 
Another lady, held and kissed all over my boys and cried. ...She.Cried. 
A man tried to sneak them soup for an extra card, we gave him one for free.  
And all around there was smiles and giggles from everyone.  
Despite my son's behavior, everyone smiled, everyone was happy to see them. 
Everyone was happy to get a card.  

I can't explain how incredible it felt to know that my two little people were responsible for bringing all that joy. 

I'm sharing my experience, in hopes that it encourages just one person to deliver cards to their local nursing home.  
It's that important to me, that I'd blog about it twice...Once on a Saturday.

"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it." - Proverbs 3:27

No comments:

Post a Comment