Monday, August 29, 2016

At Home K2 & K3 Curriculum (& Schedule)

I was feeling a bit under the weather yesterday and just could not sit up long enough to post.  But I'm back today!  I've seen that a lot of kids have started or are starting school; Summer is officially ending for the kiddies. (All non-homeschooling parents are celebrating!) Unfortunately, it's ending for my little babes, too.  Starting September 1 (Thursday) they will be enrolling in Mommy Academy.  I'm so freaking excited, especially since this is my first year with them at home.  So pulling from the daycare I used to work at-- they have an amazing curriculum- and from myself, I made my own 2K & 3K curriculum.
I have not finished my syllabus yet but when I do, I will be more than happy to share. But today I wanted to share the new schedule I'll be implementing, and the curriculums I've made. (Please note my kids already know some of the stuff on my curriculum; this is just things they need to know by the end of the "school year".)
         K2 Curriculum

  • Count 1-30 
  • Alphabet (letter sounds and recognition)
  • Sign Alphabet
  • Spanish Alphabet
  • Spell & Recognize First Name
  • Speak in Sentences
  • Seasons (And What They Do)
  • Months
  • Days
  • Weather
  • Colors
  • Shapes (square, triangle, circle, oval, star, heart, diamond, rectangle)
  • Following a Schedule
  • Following 3-step Directions
  • Body Parts
  • Senses
  • Personal Hygiene
  • Manners
  • Proper Eating

            K3 Curriculum 
  • Writing Letters & Numbers
  • Coloring within the Lines (Not Scribbling)
  • Matching Letters (Upper & Lowercase)
  • What Day of The Week It Is
  • Review, Learn, and Draw Shapes (pentagon, hexagon, heptagon, octagon, nonagon, decagon)
  • Using Technology
  • Proper Eating
  • Manners
  • Personal Hygiene
  • Review Senses
  • Review Colors 
  • Review Numbers 
  • Write, Recognize, and Spell Full Name
  • Sign Letters
  • Recognize Sight Words/ Translate Sight Words to Spanish
  • Write Numbers 1-30
The boys' schedule is from 9am until 4:30pm, but because it is my schedule: I may go over or under the times set.  I plan on using this as more of a guideline.  But honestly, with my kids, the more I have for them to do, the less they get in trouble. 
Daily Schedule
9:00am Breakfast/ Free Time
10:00am- 10:15am Storytime 
10:15am- 10:30am Songs
10:30am- 11:00am Interactive Circle Time 
11:00am- 11:30am Sky class and classwork/ Zai read books or do puzzles
11:30am- 12:00pm Zai class and classwork/ Sky read books or do puzzles
12:00pm- 12:30pm Free Time/ Break
12:30pm- 1:00pm Lunch
1:00pm- 2:00pm Weekly Activity (Pick a different one each day:Science Experiment, Outdoor Activity, Bible Story & Movie, Music/ Art & Movie, Outing)
2:00pm- 3:30pm Nap Time/ Quiet Time
3:30pm- 3:45pm Snack
3:45pm- 4:30pm Exercise/ Movement




No comments:

Post a Comment