Tuesday, January 31, 2017

DIY Photo Frames

One of my first thoughts this morning was how badly we needed picture frames,  So I decided that we would make our own, and not use popsicle sticks! ...Who needs to run to the store when you have a lot of random supplies sitting around?
So here are our three frames, just in case you are on a frame shortage or creative kick. Or if you are like me and want to show off family pictures, with a little extra umph!


1. Book Frame
Old Book, Paint, Glue, Glue Dot/ Tape
The boys painted an old book.  And when it dried, I glued the pages ends together.  Then I put the glue dot on the back of a picture and put it on the book.
It's a cool frame for a shelf or table.




2. Gift Box Frame
Gift Box Top, String/Rope/PipeCleaners, Glue Dot/Tape

The boys had nothing to do with this one. I put two holes in the boxes top (using a pen) threaded the pipe cleaner through, and that's it. Then I put the glue dot on the back of the photo, and put it in the the frame.

This one is going to look pretty cool hanging or leaning, and I can turn it around in the winter to show the snow scene on the othe side. 
I am pretty impressed with myself.

3. Construction Paper Frame
Construction Paper, Back Piece of Spiral Notebook/ Cardboard, Blocks, Crazy Glue, Glue, Glue Dots/Tape
I cut out a 2 inch border on a sheet of computer paper, and let the boys glue torn up construction paper on it.  After the rectangle border dried,  I glued the sides to the cardboard piece of an old spiral notebook, I then took two blocks, super glued them together, then super glued them to the back of the frame. I took the glue dots, and put two photos inside It stands on its own!


I may change the photos I used.  But don't the frames looks so neat?! And there's no glass, so I don't have to worry about any huge incidents if I decide to sit the photos somewhat within reach! 

No comments:

Post a Comment