Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Kitchen Creations: Mean Green Beans

Isn't my name catchy? It rhymes.  And I am pretty pleased with it. 
Anyhow, green beans are one of my favorite vegetables, and one of the few vegetables I can get Jeffrey to eat.  So we eat them pretty often.  And I wanted to share my no-fail (unhealthy) green bean recipe, since I get a good bit of compliments on them.  
Ya'll, I try to eat healthy and feed my family healthy food.  But I cook often with butter and salt, and that's like the very definition of unhealthy.  A salted green bean is still a green bean, so the good and bad cancel each other, right? (Well, that's what I tell myself.) 
Here's how I make my mean green beans! 
Ingredients: 
Everything is measured to-taste.  
1. Canned green beans (If you use fresh or frozen, you have to up the cooking time.)
2. Butter (I use 1/2 stick to a whole stick.) 
3. Garlic powder 
4. Onion powder 
5. Pepper 
6. Salt 
7. Hot Sauce 
8. Chicken Boilloin Cubes (I use one cube per can) 
9. A few tablespoons of vinegar 
10. Seasoning Salt 

Directions: 
1. Rinse and drain the green beans.
2. Throw all the ingredients into a skillet.  
3. Cook on medium high heat for 10 to 15 minutes, the green beans will be a darker shade of green when they are done cooking,  

No comments:

Post a Comment